About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eggplant Topiary Revisited


Decorative and edible. Some of my gardening has been reasonable this summer. Eggplants and strawberries in patio planters are reasonable. I can handle fruit and vegetables that are restricted to their own pots. The melons, however, are completely out of control. For the space they're taking, they'd better taste really good. I trimmed (hacked) them back today. We enjoyed our first ripe tomato last week. It weighed almost 2 lbs. The tomato vines were looking blighted but I trimmed the yellow leaves and the fruit looks fine. So does the basil I planted a few weeks ago and couldn't find between the tomato plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment