About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hot Lady Roses


This was the second piece we arranged in my floral design course. Who knew you could actually make long stem roses look "bad"? After we constructed a grid on the top of the vase, greened it and arranged some very expensive long stemmed beauties, we were asked an important question by our instructor - "Would you pay $80 for these?" I think we all took them home, re-cut them and started over. I use a knife for my stems but I think I'm the only one in my class who still puts tape on her thumb. I may eventually get over pulling a sharp blade toward me but 30 hours of class time hasn't done it yet. I didn't think to take a picture of my hand-tied bouquet before it was torn apart and rearranged into a round-shaped centerpiece. I need to buy myself some flowers and re-try that one.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Karen! And I don't even really like roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina- Marie, Thanks a bunch! Sorry - I couldn't resist...

    ReplyDelete