About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vintage Baby Jacket


The baby jacket I've been plodding along on (with love) was finished before the new grandson was born. I finished knitting it months ago but dreaded the sewing. This is only the second little sweater I've made and the first time I had to set-in sleeves. I now understand the appeal of top-down knitting.

I used a pattern from a vintage knitting book authored by Barbara Aytes in 1970 that I picked up for $2 at our town library book sale. The book is called "Knitting Made Easy" and I made it in KnitPicks Superwash Merino wool in the color "Lawn". I washed it by hand and dried it flat (although the label says it's machine wash and dry) and it came out even softer. It took on a lovely drape, even for a tiny sweater.

I'm going to work on a little hat to match the jacket but I can't wait any longer to present it to the new mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment