About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day comes at a perfect time....I never bought into the idea that it's just a commercial gimmick. It's really not about the roses but I'll never say "no" to a flower. I didn't say "no" to the gooey candy, either. But look through the window behind the bouquet to all the bare limbs and gloomy weather. News of the war in Afghanistan and the bad economy probably won't be much better when it stops raining and snowing. Life goes on with the bad and the good. A little hole pokes through the clouds when we stop to tell each other that we care about them and hand them a love present. Valentine's Day makes winter seem one day shorter and that's okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment