About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Knitting for Me



January has been called "Knitting for Me" month.  Well, it's February and I'm still baby knitting.   Knitters have started to hang a name on the time period after the holiday knitting rush is over.  I don't participate in holiday knitting.  That kind of pressure could really take the joy out of Christmas for me.  I'm all about the joy!

After completing a sweater and blanket for the grandbaby born in November, I'm now smack-dab in the middle of knitting a project for the next baby coming next month.  So much so that I almost forgot to take a picture of the scarf I made last fall.  It's knitted from a blend of wool and silk, a fiber combination that's a bit glossy and nice and warm.  I love, love, love Solo Silk from Brooks Farm in Texas.  After the baby knitting is finished I'll be making a shawlette out of their Willow (wool and bamboo).  By the time that's off the needles, maybe it will be time to play in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment