About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Garlicky Stuffed Shrimp Casserole

My local grocery store frequently runs specials on bags of cooked, veined and peeled medium shrimp.  I get two frozen one pound bags for the price of one.  I started looking around for recipes to use one of these bags without resorting to my old stand-by, Stir-fried shrimp with whatever vegetables are in the freezer or in the vegetable drawer.  I've never found a stir-fry sauce that my husband really cares for.  So after drastically altering some recipes I found on-line, here's what I came up with.  DH and I both really enjoyed it so you might like it, too.


Marinate first 4 ingredients together for at least an hour:

1 lb. peeled, cleaned and cooked shrimp, rinsed well, tails removed
1 T. olive oil
2 T. white wine
Salt and Pepper













Into 1 stick of softened butter, mash together:
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. rosemary, crushed
1/8 ts. crushed red pepper blakes
juice of 1 fresh lemon or lime
1 egg yoke
2/3 cup breadcrumbs

Place shrimp into gratin dish or 10 inch ceramic pie plate.  Cover with stuffing, then drizzle with the marinade drained from shrimp.  Bake at 425 degree F. oven for 15 - 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.  We enjoyed it served over Basmati brown rice to soak up all the garlicky juices - yum...




No comments:

Post a Comment