About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent means Waiting

Adventus is Latin for "coming". We are waiting for expectantly for Christmas to come...

 
Joyfully preparing...
 
 
 
 
 
Cookie-baking begins. I haven't made these since I was in high school - My mother's Sesame Thins...
 
 



2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 jar sesame seeds (from spice section in grocery store)
Whip together butter and sugar.  Add egg and vanilla.  Gradually add dry ingredients.  Chill for 1 hour.  Roll into small balls and coat with sesame seeds.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
 
 
 

And a visit from two of my little elves.
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment