When my husband and I got married, we blended more than our families. We also blended our furniture. I moved into my husband's home so he had to make room for me, my dog and a whole houseful of stuff. Add to that, some of my mother's stuff. We were stuffed to the gills. We got rid of a lot but my husband wouldn't budge on a few things that I would have preferred to leave out for the bulk pick-up. This was one.
Now, that was almost 8 years ago. I have to admit, it didn't look nearly as bad as this, but it was already starting to look a little shabby. We've all taken our turns with the bug of the week around here and I was feeling better. So off to Jo Ann's I went. I wasn't sure of what I was looking for but I knew I wouldn't be sewing vinyl or leather. I also knew the padded top was screwed on - I just hadn't tried to take it off. I found some soft, leather-looking vinyl on sale in the home dec department and bought a yard. I also bought some polyester batting because I didn't know if the foam cushion had deteriorated and I wanted to soften the edges of the foam because I was going to have to gather them a bit.
I spent the better part of an hour prying out staples and making sure there were none on the floor.
After a lot of work with the staple gun, cutting a lot away on the corners and gathering as I stapled...