About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Classic White Shirts - All the Ghouls Love Them!



I love a crisp white shirt with jeans. I always feel instantly pulled together, whatever the day brings. The "v" neckline elongates the face and neck. Scarves are fun and stylish but too much bulk around a woman's neckline may not always be flattering. That said, sometimes the shape of a basic shirt adds visual pounds to the body, especially around the middle. So notice that this shirt has darts that run up and down the front and back similar to princess seaming. Instant hourglass shaping! This one is a few years old and it's by Coldwater Creek. They still make these no-iron shirts with shaping but the sleeves are either long or roll-up with buttons. I've worn and washed this one many times and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. It still looked fresh after a "wicked good day" in Salem Mass last week.





















8 comments:

  1. Great picture! I used to live in Beverly Mass, and we loved Salem at Halloween : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun & we left the morning after the big parade so we enjoyed a relatively quiet week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely with you on your outfit ... classic crisp white shirt, blue jeans, great bag! Just right for the day.
    You kind of lost me, though, with that big gray and black accessory clawing at your head. Over the top, maybe. Just sayin' ....
    Seriously, you're looking very smart and sharp with or without your new friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan - had to leave the ghoul behind - I think he made me look fat! lol

      Delete
  4. Your outfit has such a chic and classy look. Love it. I met some tee dealer like him the other day, they just can't take a No for a No ;-) just kidding ;-)
    have a fantastic day
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Karen! Thanks for stopping by Grunge Queen. I really admire the crisp white shirt on others and wish I could pull it off, but it isn't me, alas. It probably didn't help that I once had to wear a white shirt as a work uniform (planning fashion events in a department store, no less). That experience wreaked the white shirt for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! -Cam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cam, I messaged you my gmail address on your Facebook page.
      Karen

      Delete