About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Knitting's my Bag

The Christine Bag was designed by Dawn Roach and I love how it turned out. I added a couple of rows to the original design to accommodate my large clutch style wallet.


  
I knitted it in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick on really large wooden needles. The handles are lacquered bamboo, the lining is sparkly black with pink dots and it has a magnetic closure.

I'd seen these bags on Etsy selling for $60. They are definitely worth that and more. Craftsmen and craftswomen should be paid for their time and talent. I love the bag and will make it larger next time and I'll change out the ribbon for a more rustic look - maybe something with beads and leather.

                                                                                 

                                           









10 comments:

  1. I am really impressed...the bag is beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam. I'm trying to learn something new every time I start a project - exercise for my brain!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your creativity and talent with Visible Monday - this is a great looking bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti - and thanks also for letting me share on Visible Monday.

      Delete
  3. I love the bag! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so envious that you can make such a beautiful bag! You are right they are worth all the time and effort. I am a beginner and still just knitting row after row....boring! I need to try something new soon.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.....we can be close blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still consider myself an "adventurous beginner"! I hope you're on Ravelry - my rav name is karenswb. Earburn me!

      Delete
  5. How cute is that! Clever lady. Really on the style-money this year, and big enough to be practical. Love the polka-dot lining ... so cute. Please tell me that you carry it with the bow and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan - Thanks for the kind words! I do carry it - I measured it against my wallet and added a bit so I could get everything in. I want to make another one in cotton and add make it look beachy. I need to replace my favorite "Le Sac" bag that I ruined with a leaky pen. :(

      Delete
  6. This is fabulous!! Great job :) Fun choice of lining too!

    ReplyDelete