About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

First Sign of Spring?


When I was a child, the first sign of Spring was the Red Winged Blackbird. Robins would follow when the weather warmed up a bit. We still get the Blackbirds but the Robins arrive earlier and earlier every year. Last year they looked thin and hungry. These guys are in better shape but they are hungry, squabbling over dried up cherries still hanging on the tree. Robins are primarily carnivores, worms and bugs are the food of choice. I have never had a Robin go near my bird feeder so I don't feel guilty that it's not up this year. Maybe they're just resting here and it's not their final destination. Birds migrate at night - did they get off at the wrong stop?


No comments:

Post a Comment