About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

Forty four years ago we rode our bikes to school and spend the afternoon picking up garbage people had tossed out of their car windows.  Today, I celebrated by planting some Cone Flowers in my herb garden. I was raised a country girl. We were occasionally late for school because the cows got out and were blocking the road. Today, only the very wealthy live in my hometown.





That does not include me. Residents give their homes little "farm" names - cute. When I was a kid we bought "windfall" apples in the fall from the local orchard for pie and apple sauce. Now, the orchard is a destination and they sell funnel cakes with the apples and nobody knows what a "windfall" is. Movie stars and television personalities own mansions on what used to be farmland in my home town. I moved but I'm still a country girl. Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Lovely growing up in the country. I am from an agricultural community and still live in my town of birth. No hustle and bustle here!! lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete