About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Wild Gardens of Acadia, Maine

                            
                            
                            
                            
                                          
                       
                                         
                                         
                                         
                                         
                                         
                           
                           
                           
                            
                            
                            
I wanted to stay longer. It did't matter that the ferns had turned a golden brown. Everywhere I looked was natural beauty. Mushrooms, streams troubled by landing insects into waves of glassy water. White birch, goldenrod, wild asters, lichens, reindeer moss. I didn't want to leave but the tour bus was waiting.

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous place to visit. I'd love to take a drive of to Maine this time of year. Your photos are lovely and I can certainly understand why you didn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and I'd love to go back when I can see the garden in the spring!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! The gardens were one of the best excursions on our cruise to New England & Canada.

      Delete
  3. These are such spectacular photos! I haven't been to Maine in years. Love the lobster trap in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. And we had a full lobster lunch with blueberry cake on this excursion. Best day of the New England/Canadian cruise!

      Delete