About Me

My photo

I'm never bored. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm gardening or reading. Always up to something!

Friday, March 18, 2016

Birthday at the Beach


Our youngest grandchild turned 4 yesterday. It was his heart's desire to spend the day with Grandpa and Grandma rather than spend the day in daycare on Grandparents' Day. 
After a hot dog and fries with an ocean view, he spied invading pirates at the playground,
On a beautiful, late winter day, and a walk along the seawall with Grandpa, we headed home for ice cream. A birthday boy should get to enjoy his day the way he wants to.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet Karen!! It must a joy to have grandkids live nearyby so they can came and visit. He seems like a sweet young man! I bet he says lots of interesting things. My son had his birthday yesterday! He is 28. It seems like it was yesterday he was 4 years old. Wish a wonderful birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela. Wish your son a belated Happy Birthday, too! Grandchildren are a blessing and we're thankful we get to see them - especially in the summer when the pool's open. Can't come too soon for me!

    ReplyDelete